About Me

My photo
TTC since 2003 I started this blog to record our infertility journey as we move forward with IUI and IVF.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

8/27 Appt.

I'm back!! My new RE was really nice, arrived to our appt almost an hour early because we over estimated how long it would take us to to get there because there was a bunch of interstate construction but anyway he brought us right back and saw us anyway. that really impressed me. He is very soft spoken...a little different but super nice. the lobby in canton had photo albums of success stories. My husband eyes got huge because of all the TRIPLETS they had. OMG. but hey we would take all that we get.

So about my appt, first he said to stop doing bbt charts, he said they are useless because once you see the dip its most likely too late-thank god because taking your temperature everyday is so stressful because you're constantly thinking about it. Second, he said I have to have an ovarian ultrasound done once per year to check for ovarian cancer due being high risk due to all the clomid treatments i have had. Then, he up'd my dose of my metformin from 1000mg to 1500mg. because he feels my insulin resistance needs a higher dose. He kind of dissed my other doctors about keeping me on treatment that doesn't work and said who ever got me started back on metformin was smart (hehehe It was me who asked my family doctor for it hahahah) He said I am probably bleeding like I was because I was not ovulating. And believe it or not, I just stopped bleeding today after 30 something days straight...........and get this...... he gave me PROVERA to bring on my period. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? OF course I will do what he says. I am supposed to start taking it tomorrow for 10 days to bring on my period. then on CD 2,3, or 4 he wants me to go in to any lab and have a bunch of blood work done. Almost everything is checked on the sheet. He wanted to know what tests I "have" had done. and basically said the ones that were done were all done wrong. meaning they ran the wrong tests. That is why he is the specialist, you know. Anyway, HE is doing a complete infertility work up done. Thank god! it was kind of funny, he said he wanted to see pictures. meaning an ultrasound. I said, you want to see pictures...here! and whipped out my laproscopic pictures which are pretty cool. He was quite impressed that I had actual color photos of my ovaries and uterus except they were old from 2005.He also did an ultrasound, said my uterus is tilted back, said not to worry its just the way i was born. Said my ovaries are textbook for polycystic ovarian syndrome, which i knew that, they look like pea pods inside. We have to go to akron next week for my husbands test. They are doing the semen analysis with "antibodies test" Its way more expensive but felt it was necessary.Then when I stop bleeding after my "induced" period I have to have to schedule a sonohysterogram. he said after I have my blood work, the semen test, and the sonohysterogram, then "we'll talk". He wrote down some notes on what to discuss at my follow up, none of them included the IUI :-( , but I did see IVF at the bottom along with LAPROSCOPIC surgery again..... If that is the case, this would be the third time that IVF is suggested to be the first line of therapy. :-( I guess I should just wait and not get my hopes up. I have PCOS bad! Anyway, I am not looking forward to freaking bleeding again but like I said, I will do whatever he says with a big fat smile on my face lol. And the metformin makes me sooo sick, up'ing the dose scares me because I hate praying to the porceline god. maybe I'll put a picture of a baby above the toilet to remind me of why I am going through all of this. lol (joke). My husband is a little overwhelmed and basically said he was fine with spending our life savings on this even though it was saved to buy land. he said that it makes more sense to pay for all this treatment now while we are living cheap in our dinky apartment and then once we get pregnant we can buy a house then. anyway, I am just emotionally drained. I got my prescriptions filled so now we just wait for my period to start (AGAIN), then I have to call them to set up the other tests when i do

No comments:

Post a Comment