After we found out IVF was being added to our insurance coverage, my husband still wanted to try one more IUI round...why? IUI is not covered and we have to travel Sooooooo far for treatment. We only got the IVF coverage because our new boss herself had infertility issues (she was only able to have one child after years of treatments) and knew of our struggle and fought hard with the insurance negotiators to add this coverage specifically for us. Why do another IUI and not use this gift we have been given?
Over dinner last night, my husband and I discussed that doing another IUI cycle would throw about $2,000 down the drain because I am certain it will not work. But what if it did? Why did this woman go to bat for us for a benefit we wouldn't use? If we did IVF we may have the chance to have frozen embryo's to use later on and give us the greater chance of having more than one child in our lifetime. I am worried if we didn't use this benefit they won't renew it next year.
After a long discussion we decided to do IVF now! I am beyond thrilled!!! The only thing is it will take us until about MArch to get everything set up, IVF education completed, meetings with the embryologist, further testing etc.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay! I think that sounds like the best choice for you financially and gives you by far the best chance. Especially since you can hopefully get some baby-sicles out of the deal...
ReplyDeleteGood luck and I can't wait to follow your journey through IVF!
Yes! How exciting. I think you guys made the best choice all around. Kudos to your boss pulling strings, I still can't get over how awesome it is IVF is covered for you. I can't wait to read what the future holds for you!
ReplyDelete