About Me

My photo
TTC since 2003 I started this blog to record our infertility journey as we move forward with IUI and IVF.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

IUI #1 failed

Sunday 1/17 I started bleeding. I was totally shocked because I thought my testing day was still a few days away and I didn't understand why I would be bleeding so heavily so early. I went to see my RE on 1/19 and he said starting your period 12-14 days after the HCG injection was normal but to be on the safe side our next IUI round he will add progesterone.

He did my baseline ultrasound and I had left over residual cysts so we have to sit this cycle out. I am back on birth control pills for this month and we decided to do another IUI cycle with Follistim & Progesterone as soon as my next cycle starts.

THEN TODAY I GOT THE MOST AMAZING NEWS!!!
Our insurance just added IVF coverage lifetime max of $10,000 effective 2/1/2010. It's Not a lot, but enough to get us started. So far nothing but Follistim has been covered. We paid out of pocket for everything else. OMG I am so thankful right now.

3 comments:

  1. NOOOOO, I am sorry about AF. But the IVF coverage is WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Your insurance company actually ADDED coverage! That's like winning the lottery. Mine just keeps taking more crap away, as if they really did much to begin with.

    Sorry about AF. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work for the gov't and we are self insured, they can add services any time they please. I have good connections with the new boss that had infertility issues herself. She fought really hard for us. I will be eternally grateful.

    ReplyDelete