Last night we headed to akron right after work, hit a really bad snow storm that dumped QUICKLY about 5-7 inches of snow. We got behind a plow truck and set our cruise control on 35. lol. Got to a little south of Canton and I-77 was closed due to a bad accident. We had to get off in Bolivar and go through Navarre and up through Massilon to Wadsworth where my in-laws live. They live like 20 mins from the doctor's office.
It ended up taking us 3 1/2 hours to get from my work to the inlaws, which usually takes a little over a hour. It was crazy!!!
But anyway, about my appt. I saw dr Mortuzzo again, I had 4 follicles on the right side, and i think 3 on the other. He only measured 2 of the biggest ones. All the others were too small. One was a little over 7mm and the other was 8mm. He was concerned because i am still bleeding REALLY HEAVY!!! TMI - I soaked through a tampon and leaked all over in less than an hour. He thought my estrodiol was low. They took a tube of blood. The stupid nurse couldn't find a vein and ended up sticking my hand. She blew out my vein and my hand looks like i am some kind of drug addict now. lol.
They increased my follistim to 100 iu's and told me to come back New Years day but that has since changed.
I get back to work and the nurse called and said my estrogen level was low (83) so he wants me to stim one more day and come in on Jan 2nd. for my next ultrasound. He thinks the increase in the follistim will help my estrogen levels and hopefully stop the bleeding because the estrogen is needed to thicken the uterine lining to accept my little bean. :-)
I really hope we can do the iui on sunday/monday. Because next week is totally crazy for me at work.
Jan 2nd is my late grandfather's birthday. I hope he brings us lots of luck that day. He was a very lucky man. :-)
It was really exciting seeing the follicles and knowing the meds are working. YAY!
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi there!
ReplyDeleteI found your blog I think on soulcysters.net and thought I'd stop in and say hello! I'm 'cre13' on SC.
I'm also ttc and am actually on 12dpo so I'm getting really anxious! This is my 2nd month on Clomid 50mg and I'm keeping my fingers crossed this cycle works! I've been ttc off/on for 10 years now but wasn't dx with PCOS until April 2009 (although I KNEW I had it for several years).
Good luck to you and I will look forward to seeing how things turn out!
Happy 2010! May it be the best year ever!