Just a quick update to let you all know I am scheduled for laparascopy on October 23rd. My RE is basically doing exploratory surgery looking for any other underlying issues before we spend 1000's out of pocket for additional treatment. The surgery is basically the only thing my insurance will cover. I have had lap before so I am ok with going forward with this. My RE is looking for tube blockages, scar tissue from my last surgery, and endometrosis. My saline ultrasound looked ok, but he wanted to take this a step further to rule out anything else.
My dh also has an appointment with a male infertility urologist on October 23rd, it is going to be a busy day. His urologist is just down the hall from where I will be having surgery so we might as well take advantage of our 2 hour drive to the hospital.
I am getting a little nervous about the surgery because I don't want to take time off work, but I believe the last time I had lap I missed a week. Being a "welfare case manager" I can't be away for too long --- people need me! lol. I really would like to go back to work Monday but I bet I will need longer. I am not sure I can sit at my desk all day with 3 incisions trying to heal. However, I plan on being SuperWoman because I really need to save my benefit time for our IUI schedule as my RE is 2 hours away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You'll have to update in a few weeks with how the surgery went. I'm thinking of getting one too, but I'm nervous.
ReplyDeletePretty exciting for you though! I see so many women on the soulcysters boards who got pregnant after a lap.