Surgery went great. The doctor said I looked perfect inside beside the tipped uterus. No cysts for the first time ever!!! The increase metformin must be working. Checked my tubes and they were also perfect. No adhesions or scar tissue or endometrosis!!!! So basically I just need the injections to help time ovulation better.
My dh appt didn't go so great. He definately has vericoceles in both testicles. He will need surgery to fix it. He said this could increase his count but not the morphology. Our opinion is we have 5 mil sperm now but only 5% are viable if you increase the count to say 30 mil with still 5% viable, your numbers are still in your favor. His urologist said his vericoles really aren't severe enough to make him a good candidate for surgery because he knew it wouldn't help the morphology. Dh still wants to go forward with the surgery anyway and I have to agree. The urologist suggested us just do the ivf with icsi. But we aren't going to settle for this being our first option at 12,000 per cycle. I think we have made the right decision. He goes back on November 6th because he is having a new semen analysis with strict Kruger test.
We'll get those results on the 6th. We'll no more on that date. I have my follow up with (re) also on the 6th and he will go over both our results and figure out if we will do the iui or wait
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I so agree about the varicocele repair. A lot of the studies I read showed a great improvement in sperm numbers and morph, and a much better chance at pregnancy!!! It's a lot cheaper with our insurance than IVF, so we went for it. Now we sit and wait...
ReplyDeletegood luck amber. I am so afraid for him. It looks like it will hurt soooo bad. I keep thinking with this repair we may not even need ivf. we might get pregnant on our own.
ReplyDelete