I am starting this blog to document our TTC Journey.
Here's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!
As I approached my 28th birthday this year, I reflected on many great things that have happened over the years. The first thing that came to mind is my first date with my husband which was around October 2002. We both had just gone through a divorce and found ourselves grieving together to get past our previous relationships. We became the best of friends and our friendship quickly grew to love. In January 2004, Hunter and I married.
A lot happened that year, soon after we got married I discontinued my birth control pills hoping to get my body normalized to start a family. In the mean time we didn't prevent pregnancy. Come October 2004 we were shocked that we were not naturally pregnant. At that time I had significant weight gain and a lot of abdominal pain. I went to the my OBGYN (Dr. B) and she did a bunch of tests and thought I had PCOS. She referred to an Endocrinologist at Riverside Hospital that specialized in Diabetes and PCOS. Dr Anderson ran a million tests and told me I had Insulin Resistant Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. My Insulin levels were 123, I was told anything about 12 was considered high and IR. I guess my body tries to make extra credit. LOL
Dr. B did an ultrasound to see what was causing my abdominal pain and found a 7cm cyst on my right ovary. She followed up by doing a laproscopic surgery to remove the cyst. Once she opened me up she found I had enlarged ovaries but everything else appeared to be normal.
I also had several 21 day progesterone level tests done. My first unmedicated test came back level 6, My first round of clomid 50mg it increased to around 9, with Clomid 100mg it increased to 13.
Since then I have used Clomid off and on for about 12 total cycles over the past five to six years without success.
In 2006, I went to see Dr. Williams, a Reproductive Endocrinologist in Columbus working at ORM. I went for my consultation and it felt like he was just trying to sell me his IVF treatment which is almost $10,000 and not covered by any insurance. He suggested taking Clomid with HCG trigger/IUI cycle BUT He never suggested further testing for me and never suggested testing my husband until the day of the procedure. I quickly realized this guy was an idiot and switched doctors. Although, I did take the opportunity to fill my Clomid Rx that month, again without success.
Now that I am 28 and my husband is 36, we are taking a more aggressive approach and going to see a new Reproductive Endocrinologist for help. We've been on a long break and I can't bear my to hear my new OBGYN to tell me how my clock is ticking one more time. It gives me a very heavy heart to hear him tell me that my time to have children is very limited.
My OBGYN is seeing me on Friday August 14th and then I will get my new referral and appointment made to my new RE. We are very excited.
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment