My last day of work was December 24th. I anticipated on returning to work on Monday December 27th but had a non-stress test at the hospital first.
I reported to the hospital at 8am like I do every Monday & Thursday for the past few weeks. The first thing they do is put 3 monitors on my belly, 1 for each baby & 1 to monitor uterus contractions.
Next they take your temperature & check your blood pressure. My Blood pressure was a little high, bottom # was 88, 90, 93, 96, 105 etc. They checked me every 5-10 minutes until my BP got to 176/105. The babies were fine, they took a few tubes of blood, gave me supplies to do a 24 hour urine collection & released me and sent me down to my doctor's office for a cervix check etc.
At the doctor's office, my uric acid was high and a few of my labs had come back high so the doctor decided to admit me. So back up to labor & delivery I went. Once admitted my BP was fine....go figure so I did my 24 hour urine collection in-patient. They hooked me up to an IV and waited on the results of the urine test. They were checking for protein in the urine. If over 300 then they were going to do our c-section that day, if not, then I could go home.
The lab was behind so we ended up staying in the hospital most of day 2, I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything since 7pm the night before. I felt like I was starving my little babies. The IV was set way too high and my I quickly blew up like a balloon. But anyway, at 4pm we were finally released.
They sent me home on level III bedrest so I am not allowed to get up except to use the bathroom & shower. I am supposed to be laying on one side or the other at all times...even eating.
So I guess I am officially on maternity leave.
This is day 1 of bedrest and it's not going so well. Mason is all the way under my ribs and laying on my side is so painful. Even more painful to roll over and switch sides. Laying on my side makes my back and hips hurt so bad that I need help getting off the couch or out of bed and then I can't walk for several minutes once I stand up. This is horrible. So worth it...but horrible.

I'm sorry to hear about the bedrest!!! But I'm glad the babies are staying put. Take care of yourself!!!
ReplyDelete