My husband had his follow up urologist appt on Nov 6th. His 2nd S/A showed a 600% improvement in the quanity. From 5 million to 35 million. We were so pleased! His motilty was actually normal too! YAY... but the morphology was still at 5%. The urologist said the vericocele surgery only has a small chance that it will help the shape of the sperm. He said it has nothing to do with weight, and there is no pill, surgery, diet etc that will cure it :-(. So we decided not to do the vericocele surgery right now.
After his appointment we went for my post op appt with our RE. Surgery went well and no infection etc. Sooooooo....He said 35 million with 5% morph is something that he can work with and we have decided to go forward with our first IUI w/Injection cycle. We know IVF w/ICSI gives us a better shot but we don't have $12,000 stashed away! We go for injection training on November 18th. We are just waiting for my period to start too.
My LMP was Oct 19th. My periods are usually all over the place so I have no idea when I will start. I really hope ASAP! If I don't start my period by Nov 20th, I will take a pregnancy test, if negative, I start Provera 10mg for 10 days. I really hope I don't have to take it!!! Because it takes 10 days to take it and usually 8-10 days for me to start my period...as I have taken it before. That would put us at Dec 16th before we can start our cycle. That would suck!
Anyway, once my period starts we'll journey the 2 hour drive to Akron for my baseline ultrasound...then start Gonadatropin Injections on cycle day 3...then Akron every few days for ultrasounds until the HCG trigger, followed by 2 IUI's!
We are so excited to be moving forward. The chance of getting pregnant with IUI is between 2% and 8% (for us) which is really low, but I look at it as a start. It's something we have never tried...and why not! It's also a way to see how I respond to these injections before we go paying out over 10 grand for IVF.
My insurance won't cover my follicle monitoring ultrasounds or the IUI procedures...and I am not so sure about my blood work. So far they have covered my blood work...but we'll see what happens. My prescription insurance is better than my health coverage. They cover my gonadatropin injections with a $20 copay which is AWESOME!
Anyway, I am trying not to stress and I just keep praying that my period starts asap...kind of weird I actually want my period to start after 6 years of praying that it wouldn't!! LOL.. The sooner my period start the sooner we can start our new journey! YAY!
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm looking forward to hearing about your injectable experience. A lot of months I had 0% chance, so anything is better than that. You just have to have A chance.
ReplyDelete